Control engineering is the engineering discipline that focuses on design, implementation, and utilization of analog or digital controllers, sensors, and actuators to adjust different parameters in a plant to achieve desired behavior and performance. Moreover, control engineering seeks to substitute human operators by autonomous intelligent systems. Control engineers gain the following qualifications:
- Modeling and analysis of dynamical systems including electrical, mechanical, economical, and multi-disciplinary systems such as mechatronics systems.
- Design and implementation of analog and digital control systems to attain desired performance in industrial processes.
- Utilization of measurement systems, sensors, and actuators in different industries such as gas, petroleum, electrical, petrochemical, and etc.
- Design of embedded systems including controller software and hardware via microprocessors, microcontrollers, or digital signal processors.The current research areas at the control engineering department include:
- Analysis and design of nonlinear Control Systems
- Fault tolerant control systems
- Pattern recognition and system identification
- Multi-agent control systems
- Learning control systems
- Data Fusion
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Game theory and its applications
- Advanced Mechatronics Systems
(Farzad Rajaei Salmasi)
Industrial Automation and Intelligent Information Processing (Behzad Moshiri)
Advanced Control Systems Lab (ACSL) (Mohammad Javad Yazdanpanah)
Linear Control System (Farzad Rajaei Salmasi)
Computational Modeling and Machine Learning (CM2L) (Babak Nadjar Araabi)